I am a peer, not a consultant.

I started my first nonprofit over 15 years ago. I didn't try to become an expert - I just dug in with all my strength. 90% of what I learned was from doing and making mistakes. The other 10% is from learning from the successes and mistakes of others. If you surround yourself with people who know more than you, you will get that extra push! I have a wide array of experience from start-ups and guerrilla marketing to complex organizations, large universities, and dioceses -- and everything in between. I specialize in helping small to mid-size organizations under $5million per year in annual revenue craft their message and then use processes and technology to build their audience and raise more money. 

KEVIN KACVINSKY

I STRUGGLED TO RAISE MONEY BEFORE I HAD A ROADMAP

It took me 11 years before I figured out the right way to increase donations. I remember I was a missionary in Brisbane, Australia - always barely having enough money - when it hit me... If you keep asking the same people for money, you won't suddenly get more and you will never be be fully funded. That seems so obvious, but all the fundraising advice I followed up to that point focused on tactics -- "how" to ask or "why it's okay" to ask. Or... they told you to make a mind-map of all the people you knew. I did that. The secret sauce to making fundraising easier is to grow your audience -- to have MORE people to ask. It was not long after this pivotal realization that I came up with a system to identify new donors. That's what changed everything. 

FUNDRAISING IS SCIENCE

Fundraising isn't much different from other things in life - it's guided by science. The 80/20 rule, for example, states that 80% of your donations will come from 20% of your donor base. That's not the only science. If you ask 100 people for a donation, some will say yes and some will say no. There are ways to get some more people to say yes, but it will never be 100%. If you want to raise more money - you just need to find more people to invite to be part of your mission.

BUT I HAVE ALREADY ASKED EVERYONE I KNOW

You and everyone else. Here's the concept. People who support your work were compelled to support your mission. Once we have a process for showing people why they can be compelled by your work, we can go about finding others who are similar. Then, we do not ask people to donate right out of the gate - that's not how we make friends! My roadmap helps you ask people who are already interested in what you are doing to donate in the right way at the right time... which means more yesses and less nos! 

 

MY IDEAS COME WITH A TEAM AND RESOURCES

What makes me different is that I do not pass along other people's ideas or bring with me fancy binders full of plans that will never be executed. I have not only done everything I recommend, but I also stand ready to help you execute any portion of the advice I give. Many nonprofits do not have a marketing department or a staff copywriter or a graphic designer... that's okay! At the places I help, it's not unusual for the CEO to also be the web developer, the receptionist, AND the janitor. If your organization does not have staff who can execute what I recommend, one of my 17 expert service providers (who specialize in nonprofit work) can help. Graphic Designers. Web Developers. Bookkeepers. Grant Writers. Copywriters. Fundraisers. Project Managers. You name it. 

WHAT I DO
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM
@KEVINKACVINSKY

© 2020 KEVIN KACVINSKY  |  ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.